Sunday, February 19, 2012

New.

I don't know if it is the slow confused walk to the counter or what seems like a million years for a person to place their order, but you don't have to tell me if it is the first time you have been to our pizza shop.  You would think that the detailed boards telling you each menu item, and the labelled slices would make finding what you want easy.  A typical conversation goes like this..

Me: Hi how are you?! (half real enthusiam)

Customer: Good, this is my first time.

Me: (^ sexual joke in my head) Okay, well I can help you with any questions.

Customer: What's that? (points at labeled slice)

Me: (Reads label)

Customer: What's that? (points at labeled slice)

Me: (Reads label)

Customer: What about that? (points at labeled slice)

Me: (Reads label)

Customer: I'll just have a piece of cheese.

It puzzles me how a person comes into a gourmet pizza shop and settles for a slice of cheese; way to step out of your comfort zone.  Now I realize I'm not one to always try something new, but with delicious fresh ingredients staring me in the face it's hard to pass up trying something a little different.

The absolute best part of having new people stroll into the shop is watching them struggle to find the trash bin at the conclusion of their meal.  We have two trash reciprocals: one by the door and one by the counter.  Did I mentioned that they have a big sign that says "TRASH" on them?  For my own amusement I like to watch them walk up and down the length of the restaurant twice before I point them in the right direction.  Some giggle it off for missing the signs, while others, usually the manly men, try to hide their embarrassment.

Your questions may annoy me you newcomers but you do give me a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment