Monday, February 13, 2012

Welcome.

I find myself talking about pizza more than the average person.  As a 21 year old my job as a pizza maker is the most exciting part of my day, no longer the juicy gossip or sports stats that consumed daily high school conversation.  Three years ago I was constantly on the go: school, soccer practice/games, work, and hanging out with friends.  Now in college, I zombie walk to class only to run to my car afterward to make it to work on time.  My biggest worry went from being on the outside of juvenile rumors to if I ordered enough plum tomatoes to make us through the weekend. 

Working at the pizza shop for over a year there are days where I have no idea what to expect when I walk through the door.  Some afternoons all I can hear is the hum of the oven as the seating area remains empty.  Other days I feel like I have discovered why America is so obese.

It is the people that make going to work worth it.  From the regulars, the "we've never been here", and to the staff, each  group brings some interesting to the table.  Plenty of times I wanted to climb into the oven myself to escape the madness of a line out the door, not to mention the daily use of "I'm totally quitting."  But, I'm still there as much as I want to leave some days.  It's the people that keep me there, because as sad as it seems, pizza makes my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment